Medical Admin Assistant (Part-time)
Pediatric Partners for Attention and Learning, Inc. ("the practice") is a multi-disciplinary clinic focused on the assessment, evaluation, treatment and enrichment of children, young adults and adults who are having trouble in the academic or social environment. The treatment team consists of a full-time Pediatrician, Clinical Psychologist, Licensed Clinical Social Workers, Licensed Professional Counselors, and Educational Specialists for advocacy and enrichment. Interventional strategies include medication management, behavioral interventions, individual/group and family counseling, nutritional interventions, educational accommodations, and cognitive therapy.
The Medical Receptionist is the Ambassador of Customer Service and as such must be extremely personable and possess a glowing personality. Additionally, he/she must hold a certificate as a Medical Administrative Assistant, Certified Nursing Assistant, Licensed Practical Nurse, or an Associates Level degree in a pertinent medical specialty. The Medical Receptionist must have at least one year of experience working in a medical office providing direct face to face interaction with clients. He/she must be able to work independently, must be task oriented and able to organize and prioritize multiple projects.
Strong written and oral communication skills and computer word processing abilities is required.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under indirect/direct supervision, performs the major duties and responsibilities as prescribed below in support of the operation and the delivery of comprehensive clerical services in a manner that most satisfies the patients and promotes financial stability while not exceeding the regulatory scope of a medical receptionist.
- Greets all patrons, employees/associates in a courteous/ professional manner
- Answers phones courteously and professionally by the third ring
- Screens/transfers calls and delivers messages in a timely manner
- Maintains an organized and efficient reception area
- Assures that all patrons/family members and associates are kept informed of activities and delays
- Promotes a customer service of excellence atmosphere
- Resolves or escalates customer complaints in a timely manner
- Maintains a safe environment for patrons/associates/visitors
- Ensures patient confidentiality
- Demonstrates good knowledge of CPT and ICD-9 coding
- Copies correct and current insurance/ID cards from all patients
- Accurately reconciles all patient requisition forms for batching and billing
- Manages patient files that are in house and from rotated sources
- Maintains a secure setting for all patient files
- Adheres to departmental policies/procedures/standards for effective operation/patient care
- Performs front desk/scheduler duties for all patients
- Demonstrates a high degree of knowledge/understanding of support services/activities
- Assures adequate supply of documentation for the facility including those for technical and clinical staff
- Maintains an adequate level of clerical operational supplies and office supply materials
- Proficient in the use of Information Systems and EMR as needed
- Utilizes information and communication technologies in accordance with HIPAA standards
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Office Manager or Chief Operating Officer (COO) for administrative and employment issues
The position is considered part-time for 20 hours but no more than 40 hours per week. The schedule is Monday through Thursday, 3 pm until 8 pm with occasional Saturday hours and Great Falls hours as needed. Weekly schedule will be determined through coordination with the Medical Director and/or Chief Operating Officer.
- $10.00 - $12.00 per hour, not eligible for benefits due to part-time status.
- Employee will be paid through our Co-Employment Company, Anchor Total HR.