Family Nurse Practitioner
Pediatric Partners for Attention and Learning, Inc. is currently expanding our services to the Great Falls, VA area and we are looking for creative and innovative individuals to join our team. Our mission is to bridge the gap between medical, behavioral health and educational services as we assist children and adults who are struggling in their academic, work or social environment. Our medical division is vital to this process by providing the initial medical assessment, leading the collaborative team in determining the final diagnosis, providing on-going medical management to include medication management and coordinates ancillary and support services.
If you have a strong desire to participate in youth development, are passionate about assisting children in making life altering decisions and are innovative in your approach to engaging families then we would like you to consider becoming a part of our team. Part-time and PRN positions are currently available with the opportunity to work toward full-time status. Hours are flexible and compensation is competitive. For more information about our practice please visit our website at www.PP4AL.com. For career consideration, please submit your CV, cover letter and salary requirements.
The Family Nurse Practitioner will work in a multi-disciplinary practice focused on the assessment, evaluation, treatment and enrichment of children, young adults and adults who are experiencing difficulty in the academic or social environment. The treatment team consists of a full-time Pediatrician, Family Nurse Practitioner, Clinical Psychologist, Licensed Counselors and Educational Advocates and is supplemented by professionals in the fields of psychological assessment, counseling, nutritional counseling and literacy. Interventional strategies include medication management, behavioral interventions, individual/group and family counseling, nutritional interventions, educational accommodations, tutoring and cognitive therapy.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
1. Provide primary health care through a comprehensive assessment to include review of medical history, physical examination and interpretation of lab results and developmental and behavioral questionnaires.
2. Perform selective medical services under the direction of the practice Medical Director.
3. Serve as a care manager for the families within the practice to ensure that appropriate social supports and resources are coordinated.
4. Participate in multi-disciplinary team meetings to discuss integrated treatment plans for clients.
5. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
1. Master’s degree required in NP program or post Master's NP program. National certification also required.
2. Licensed in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
3. Current DEA registry and CPR certification must be obtained and maintained by the individual.
4. Minimum of two years of experience working within a physician practice setting preferred.
5. Experience with computer technology required – at a minimum experience with Windows based programs, email, Microsoft Word and keyboarding. Experience with an Electronic Health Record System preferred but not required.
6. The ability to collaborate with other disciplines and to communicate effectively is essential, which also includes written as well as verbal communication.
7. Must participate in on-going continuing educational activities as required by Virginia licensing board and must remain current on the standards of care for Family Nurse Practitioners.
8. At a minimum must have a basic understanding of those diagnoses that impact the learning environment most, such as ADHD, Autism, Learning Disabilities, Executive Dysfunction, Anxiety and Depression and be comfortable providing medical assessment and medical interventions for these conditions. Must also be willing to manage medications for these diagnosis under the supervision of the practice Medical Director.
9. The ability to “think outside the box”, innovate and creatively develop programs in support of the practice goals and mission is strongly desired.
10. Willing to attend and obtain certifications necessary for diagnostic and treatment purposes.
Job Type: Part-time